This month at Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops, located inside the DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, we are focusing our tips and tricks on Cauliflower (aka the pail child). Not only is Cauliflower great for you and your health, but there are ways to make it delicious too! Come into Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops and try one of our great dishes that include Cauliflower, trust me you’ll fall in LOVE!
Cauliflower Pizza Bites
Makes 24 Cauliflower Pizza Bites
- 2 Cups Grated Cauliflower (washed, dried and grated using a food processor or cheese grater by hand until rice-like or thinner – Note – Approximately one head of cauliflower)
- 1/4 Cup Egg Whites
- 1 Cup 1% Cottage Cheese (drained)
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 2 Tsp Parsley
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil (Optional)
- 1-2 Tbsp Frank’s Hot Sauce (Optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 F.
- Using a healthy cooking oil spray your mini muffin tin.
- In a hot frying stir fry the “cauliflower rice” until the cauliflower is slightly translucent (about 6-8 minutes). Place in a bowl and let cool.
- Place all other ingredients the food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl combine both the “cauliflower rice” and blended ingredients. Mix completely.
- Evenly spoon mixture into your muffin tin molds. Press pizza dough down evenly and firmly (*The pressing down firmly is very important to make sure these stick together).
- Place in your oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the pizza bites from the oven and let set until cool (This is also very important – let these pizza bites set in their pan for 5 – 10 minutes before removing – If you take them out while they are too hot they will break).
- Once cool remove from muffin tin (either by tipping them out OR by running a thin knife down along the side and popping them out).
- Use organic, natural pizza or pasta sauce for dipping.
Tips – Here are my main tips to make your pizza bites crusty:
- Make sure your cauliflower is dry after washing.
- Bake until crust-like. If you peak at your crust at the recommended cooking time and they are not golden… cook longer.
Other Articles on Similar Topics:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Recipe of the Week At Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops, located inside the DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, you...
- Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops Tip of the Week Asparagus Pizza Ingredients 1/2 cup warm water (100° to 110°) 1 teaspoon dry yeast 6...
- U.S. Pizza Styles Defined It happens all the time. Two people in a bar start arguing about what is...
- Recipe of the Week! Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops is starting a “Recipe of the Week” with our new...
- Sound Sleeping Suggestions Looking for a perfect night of sleep…especially when you are on the road? Here are...