This month at Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops we are focusing on tomatoes. Looking for a quick and easy low calorie side dish recipe that will go well with a variety of entrees? This Cheesy Baked Tomatoes Recipe just may be the answer! Perfect as a side dish, or even just as a quick, healthy snack, these super yummy tomatoes are a great idea. Enjoy!
Cheesy Baked Tomatoes Recipe
A delicious and healthy side dish recipe, these cheesy baked tomatoes go well with just about anything. Take advantage of those fresh summer tomatoes before they are gone and try this fresh and flavorful low calorie side for just 1 Points + each!
- 4 tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 oz reduced fat provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet.
- Top with Parmesan, provolone, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Mist lightly with non-fat cooking spray and bake until the tomatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 tomato (2 tomato halves)
PER SERVING: 49 calories; 2 g fat; 6 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 2 g fiber
Other Articles on Similar Topics:
- Spencer’s Recipe of the Week – Cheesy Baked Cauliflower Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops, located inside DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, dedicated this month...
- Tomato-Zucchini Gratin This month’s focus at Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops, located inside the DoubleTree by Hilton...
- Recipe of the Week! Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops is starting a “Recipe of the Week” with our new...
- DoubleTree by Hilton Recipe of the Week At Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops, located inside the DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, you...
- Delicious Summer Dessert from Doubletree Executive Chef Roger Maune Carmelized Figs with Raspberry Coulis Recipe By : Maune Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time...