Please join Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops, located inside the DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, for an exquisite New Year’s Eve dinner. We will be open on December 31st from 5pm-9pm. This is one of our most popular events and will be busy all night, reservations are highly recommended at 408-437-2170! Contact Patrick Sarte, Director of Food & Beverage, at firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional questions.
Introducing Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops’ Culinary Dream TEAM! On your left Executive Chef Werner, Chef Kevin Spencer Orlando, Chef Peter Ochoa San Jose, Corporate Chef Mark Ehrler, Chef Jeromy Farnsworth Spokane , Chef Clay Blake Seattle, Chef James Plant SLC!! The culinary Dream TEAM for Spencer’s Steaks and Chops!
Some new dishes they are trying out…
Don’t these dishes look scrumptious? Make a reservation at the Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops San Jose for tonight at 408-437-2170 or email email@example.com. Enjoy!
Spencer’s for Steaks and Chop’s new menu is out!! Come down and try out our great new dishes created by Chef Peter Ochoa and General Manager, Patrick Sarte. Book your reservation today!
This month at Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops we are focusing on tomatoes. Looking for a quick and easy low calorie side dish recipe that will go well with a variety of entrees? This Cheesy Baked Tomatoes Recipe just may be the answer! Perfect as a side dish, or even just as a quick, healthy snack, these super yummy tomatoes are a great idea. Enjoy!
Cheesy Baked Tomatoes Recipe
A delicious and healthy side dish recipe, these cheesy baked tomatoes go well with just about anything. Take advantage of those fresh summer tomatoes before they are gone and try this fresh and flavorful low calorie side for just 1 Points + each!
- 4 tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 oz reduced fat provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet.
- Top with Parmesan, provolone, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Mist lightly with non-fat cooking spray and bake until the tomatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 tomato (2 tomato halves)
PER SERVING: 49 calories; 2 g fat; 6 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 2 g fiber
Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops, located inside DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, dedicated this month to Cauliflower. We have been giving our viewers great tips, recipes, etc. on the best ways to prepare cauliflower. Here is a great recipe that even your kids will enjoy!
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place cauliflower in a microwave-safe baking dish with just enough water to cover bottom of dish. Cook in the microwave on High for 5 minutes, or until slightly tender. Drain, and season with salt and pepper. Arrange tomato slices around the cauliflower. Drizzle cauliflower and tomatoes evenly with melted butter, and top with cheese.
- Bake 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese is bubbly.
Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops have trying out great new recipes to spice up our menu! This month we’re trying out different Cauliflower recipes, and Cauliflower Pizza is one delicious recipe that we have to share! This amazing pizza crust will not only leave you wanting more, but you wont feel that guilt of eating a greasy pizza that weights you down. Try out different toppings with it and find a recipe that is a staple in your weekly menu.
Enjoy and have fun exploring!
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 2 Cups Grated Cauliflower (using a hand-held cheese grater or your food processor. Cauliflower should be ‘rice-like’ texture)
- 1/4 Cup Egg Whites
- 1 Cup Low Fat Cheese (Mozzarella, Feta or the best option for a low-fat/higher protein pizza use 1% Cottage Cheese – drain your cottage cheese of any extra water first)
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 2 Tsp Parsley
- 1-2 Tbsp Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (Optional and to taste)
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Slightly grease a cookie sheet or even better simply use parchment paper (or use my favorite – the baking stone).
- Place your grated cauliflower in a frying pan over medium heat and cook until translucent (If you are in a hurry you can cook the cauliflower rice in a bowl in the microwave for 8 minutes – do not cover and do not add any water).
- Place all other ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl combine cooked cauliflower rice and blended ingredients.
- Spread dough out evenly and fairly thinly over parchment paper (or cookie sheet).
- Bake for 25-35 minutes (depending on your oven – *see below).
- Remove the crust from the oven. Add organic, natural pizza or pasta sauce (see Simple Marinara Sauce below) and toppings.
- Feel free to place under a broiler at high heat to heat your ingredients. Remove and Enjoy!
*Tip – Here are my main tips to make your crust crusty:
- Make sure your cauliflower is dry after washing (no water to cook).
- Spread your crust out thin (not too thin – just a thin layer).
- Bake until crust-like. If you peak at your crust at the recommended cooking time and the middle is still not cooked… cook longer.
- Pre-cook your vegetable toppings before adding to your pizza.
- If you want to add a little bit of cheese to the top of your pizza Parmesan is your healthiest option.
This month at Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops, located inside the DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, we are focusing our tips and tricks on Cauliflower (aka the pail child). Not only is Cauliflower great for you and your health, but there are ways to make it delicious too! Come into Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops and try one of our great dishes that include Cauliflower, trust me you’ll fall in LOVE!
Cauliflower Pizza Bites
Makes 24 Cauliflower Pizza Bites
- 2 Cups Grated Cauliflower (washed, dried and grated using a food processor or cheese grater by hand until rice-like or thinner – Note – Approximately one head of cauliflower)
- 1/4 Cup Egg Whites
- 1 Cup 1% Cottage Cheese (drained)
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 2 Tsp Parsley
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil (Optional)
- 1-2 Tbsp Frank’s Hot Sauce (Optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 F.
- Using a healthy cooking oil spray your mini muffin tin.
- In a hot frying stir fry the “cauliflower rice” until the cauliflower is slightly translucent (about 6-8 minutes). Place in a bowl and let cool.
- Place all other ingredients the food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl combine both the “cauliflower rice” and blended ingredients. Mix completely.
- Evenly spoon mixture into your muffin tin molds. Press pizza dough down evenly and firmly (*The pressing down firmly is very important to make sure these stick together).
- Place in your oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the pizza bites from the oven and let set until cool (This is also very important – let these pizza bites set in their pan for 5 – 10 minutes before removing – If you take them out while they are too hot they will break).
- Once cool remove from muffin tin (either by tipping them out OR by running a thin knife down along the side and popping them out).
- Use organic, natural pizza or pasta sauce for dipping.
Tips – Here are my main tips to make your pizza bites crusty:
- Make sure your cauliflower is dry after washing.
- Bake until crust-like. If you peak at your crust at the recommended cooking time and they are not golden… cook longer.
At Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops, located inside the DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, you can try making all of our recipes at home! Not only are we giving you great recipes, but hints and tips about certain products. This month we are focusing on Cauliflower. Sure, it’s not the most commonly used vegetable while cooking, but it sure is great when put with right stuff!
And if you ever feel like the last thing you want to do is cook, come to Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops and we’ll take care of your cauliflower craving (or any food for that matter)! Make a reservation today at 408-437-2170
Cauliflower and Chickpea with Curry
1 whole cauliflower
3 medium onions
4 cloves of garlic
½ tsp chopped fresh ginger
2 tsp ground coriander
2 star aniseed
½ tsp ground chili
4 curry leaves
2 tsp garam masala
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 tin of chickpeas, drained
2 tbsp of chopped fresh coriander
Remove the stalks from the cauliflower and cut into large florets. In a pan of boiling water, add the cauliflower and cook for five minutes. When ready, drain from the water and place back in the pan. Cover so it stays warm.
While the cauliflower is cooking, cut the onions into small pieces. Squash the garlic with the back of a knife to make it easier to peel. Chop until nice and fine.
In a pan, add a touch of butter, plus the onion, garlic and ginger, and sauté until golden brown.
In the same pan, add the dried spices and cook for a further five minutes.
Add the tin of tomatoes and chickpeas and stir well. Then add the cooked cauliflower. Top up with 100ml of cold water and bring to a simmer for five to 10 minutes until the cauliflower is cooked.
Finish by adding the chopped coriander. Serve on a warm plate