Hilton Worldwide has recently been ranked the Best Business Hotel Chain (World) in the first edition of Travel + Leisure India & South Asia’s India’s Best Awards 2011 Readers’ Poll. This ranking is the result of a readers’ poll conducted by the India & South Asia edition of Travel + Leisure magazine. The readers participated in the poll by rating their experiences and evaluating countries, emerging destinations, cruises, hotels, airports, trains, destination spas and honeymoon destinations.
Lenny Menezes, Chairman, India, Hilton Worldwide said, “We are honoured and delighted to receive this award and recognition. It is very encouraging, and it will further reinforce our commitment to deliver exceptional guest experiences.”
Hilton Worldwide wins Best Business Hotel Chain (World) by Travel + Leisure India & South Asia’s India’s Best Awards 2011 Readers’ Poll
The terms “Mardi Gras” in English, refer to events of the Carnival celebrations, beginning on or after Epiphany and culminating on the day before Ash Wednesday. Mardi gras is French for Fat Tuesday, referring to the practice of the last night of eating richer, fatty foods before the ritual fasting of the Lenten season, which begins on Ash Wednesday; in English the day is sometimes referred to as Shrove Tuesday, from the word shrive, meaning “confess.” Related popular practices are associated with celebrations before the fasting and religious obligations associated with the penitential season of Lent. Popular practices include wearing masks and costumes, overturning social conventions, dancing, sports competitions, parades, etc. Similar expressions to Mardi Gras appear in other European languages sharing the Christian tradition. In English, the day is called Shrove Tuesday, associated with the religious requirement for confession before Lent begins.
Come on in to 2050 Lobby Lounge & Bar and celebrate Fat Tuesday with us!!
MCLEAN, Va., Feb 21, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Don’t let traveling be your excuse to let your New Year’s resolutions falter as the year goes on. Jodi Sullivan, Hilton Worldwide’s senior director of global fitness, offers these 10 tips to help keep your resolutions on track.
– Plan in advance. Schedule your workout like a business meeting. Determine the day and time you plan to visit the gym and log it into your itinerary. Keep in mind the majority of our fitness centers offer 24-hour access.
– Get up and stretch on flights. Take a few minutes every hour or so to stretch and improve circulation while combating fatigue.
– Break your routine. Try new activities. Repeating the same workout every day can become mundane and methodical. If the treadmill is your staple, go for the elliptical. Our state-of-the-art fitness centers have everything you need to mix it up.
– Be conscious of your caloric intake. It can be challenging to maintain healthy eating habits on the road. Incorporate plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables into your meals and try to avoid high calorie, high fat food.
– Pack your sneakers first. Packing your workout gear first will ensure it makes it into your bag. Consider packing lightweight workout clothes to help reduce the overall weight of your luggage.
– Walk during meeting breaks. Make good use of the time in between meetings by walking while returning phone messages.
– Stay hydrated. Traveling can dehydrate our systems. Drink six to eight glasses of water a day to flush toxins and remain alert.
– Get a good night’s sleep. Try to keep your waking and sleeping hours as close to your regular schedule as possible. Sleep is as important as exercise and eating healthy. Make sure you recharge your battery by getting at least six to eight hours of sleep every night.
– Practice proper breathing techniques. During stressful situations, our breathing is adversely affected. By practicing proper breathing, our overall mental and physical health may be improved.
– Get a massage. Book a massage or spa treatment at one of our eforea spas to help alleviate stress and rid your body of toxins.
“Every little bit counts, so if you only have 20 minutes in between meetings, use that time wisely and get a quick workout in if you can,” adds Sullivan. “Also, it’s important to set realistic goals and remember to be patient and consistent with your routine. By incorporating a few of these tips, you will be steps closer to achieving your fitness resolutions.”
Continue the conversation with Jodi on Twitter during a special Hilton Worldwide chat, Wednesday, February 22, 2012 starting at 1:00 p.m. — 2:00 p.m. EST. Jodi will answer questions on a range of topics related to fitness and hospitality from the latest in workout equipment to general trends in the industry. Be sure to follow @HiltonWorldwide and join the conversation by following the hashtag #HWchat or submitting questions in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Head of Fitness, Jodi Sullivan answers your fitness ?’s Wed, 2/22. Watch this VIDEO for tips http://ow.ly/98YeX & follow #HWchat @ 1pm EST.
Last year, Hilton Worldwide conducted extensive testing of state-of-the-art equipment, design options, and amenities, in its McLean, Va. headquarters. Hotel owners and employees were encouraged to sample the new equipment and give feedback. Combined results led to new solutions that will be featured throughout Hilton Worldwide’s portfolio, varying by brand and location. The phased rollout began this month with approximately 300 full-service hotel fitness centers. For more information, visit www.hiltonworldwide.com .
At the DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose Airport Hotel, we have a great Hilton Fitness by Precor Center that carries all your needs to keep a healthy lifestyle!Did we mention its open 24 Hours?! Check out our website and see for yourself!
Saint Valentine’s Day, often simply Valentine’s Day,is a holiday observed on February 14 honoring one or more early Christian martyrs named Valentinus. It was first established by Pope Gelasius I in 496 AD, and was later deleted from the General Roman Calendar of saints in 1969 by Pope Paul VI. It is celebrated in countries around the world, mostly in the West, although it remains a working day in all of them.
The day first became associated with romantic love in the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in the High Middle Ages, when the tradition of courtly love flourished. By the 15th century, it had evolved into an occasion in which lovers expressed their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering confectionery, and sending greeting cards.
Modern Valentine’s Day symbols include the heart-shaped outline, doves, and the figure of the winged Cupid. Since the 19th century, handwritten valentines have given way to mass-produced greeting cards.
Happy Valentine’s Day from the DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose Airport Hotel. We wish you all a fabulous day for you and your loved ones!
Wednesday, February 1, 2012 — 3:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m .
Downtown Silver Spring –
At and around intersection of Colesville Road and Georgia Avenue and
In front of the newly renamed DoubleTree by Hilton Washington DC-Silver Spring
8727 Colesville Road, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910
Montgomery County Executive Isaiah Leggett has named today, February 1, DoubleTree by Hilton Chocolate Chip Cookie Day. To celebrate this sweet proclamation, along with the official dedication ceremony of the DoubleTree by Hilton Washington DC-Silver Spring, DoubleTree by Hilton Cookie CARE Crews will be sharing 2,500 of their legendary chocolate chip cookies during a single afternoon rush hour with residents, businesses and commuters across downtown Silver Spring.
The newly renamed DoubleTree by Hilton Washington DC-Silver Spring has just completed a comprehensive, multi-million-dollar hotel renovation project that has completely transformed 248 guest rooms, more than 20,000 square feet of event space and also has reinvented the hotel’s dining outlets and public areas to create an newly refreshed, community gathering place for residents, businesses and visitors to the Silver Spring area.
Since 1986, the DoubleTree by Hilton chocolate chip cookie represents a hospitality icon for travelers with a sweet surprise and a warm welcome for every guest who checks into one of the more than 280 DoubleTree by Hiltons worldwide, including the DoubleTree by Hilton Washington DC-Silver Spring. DoubleTree by Hilton hotels continues the celebration the 25th anniversary of their signature chocolate chip cookie with a Global Cookie CARE Campaign that has shared more than 500,000 of the brand’s beloved sweet treats with the public in the past year, including thousands of free sweet treats handed out this afternoon across Downtown Silver Spring
Montgomery County Civic and Business Leaders; Glenn Schumaker, senior vice president, Milestone Hospitality and owners of the DoubleTree by Hilton Washington DC-Silver Spring; Rob Palleschi, Global Head, DoubleTree by Hilton hotels are confirmed to attend today’s events.